Monday, September 27, 2021

Honesty Is Such A Lonely Word

 



Brian Laundrie has been on my mind a lot. What did he do? What will he do? Suicide seems like a viable choice and there are a lot of people that would demand it's a viable option.

At the same time, I do understand rage. How many of us have enjoyed the song, 'Rage Against The Machine,' banging our heads to the tempo as we felt the words they were singing?

The moment of rage is an emotional crisis. Except, several of us would rather deny it. Rage can be addicting. Especially when we are in the midst of trauma bonding with an abuser.

The abuser can be an employer, a co-worker, a life partner, a parent, a sibling, a friend. There are plenty of examples we can reference to identify that moment when we felt outraged.

For those of us that have been to college, it's not difficult to think of a time when a cohort demanded that they just want the answer. When we try to step them into the answer, they can shout, "What's the answer?! I just want the answer!" Some of us fall for that emotional blackmail and some of us walk away. 





By human nature, we prefer shortcuts so we don't have to struggle for the answer. Except, the struggle is where the answer is found and it is where the learning happens. We remember the painful moments the most and that's where the lessons are learned.

Yet, we project our anger to others while refusing to see where we end and others begin. Sometimes, in that moment of rage, we can make the wrong choice instead of walking away to take a moment to breathe and choosing to find the professional help that can help us navigate through it.






Lyrics

If you search for tenderness
It isn't hard to find
You can have the love you need to live
But if you look for truthfulness
You might just as well be blind
It always seems to be so hard to give
Honesty is such a lonely word
Everyone is so untrue
Honesty is hardly ever heard
And mostly what I need from you
I can always find someone
To say they sympathize
If I wear my heart out on my sleeve
But I don't want some pretty face
To tell me pretty lies
All I want is someone to believe
Honesty is such a lonely word
Everyone is so untrue
Honesty is hardly ever heard
And mostly what I need from you
I can find a lover
I can find a friend
I can have security until the bitter end
Anyone can comfort me
With promises again
I know, I know
When I'm deep inside of me
Don't be too concerned
I won't ask for nothin' while I'm gone
But when I want sincerity
Tell me where else can I turn
'Cause you're the one I depend upon
Honesty is such a lonely word
Everyone is so untrue
Honesty is hardly ever heard
And mostly what I need from you
Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Billy Joel
Honesty lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Universal Music Publishing Group, Songtrust Ave








No comments:

Post a Comment

Grit Is Not A Checkbox